[isabelle-dev] jEdit: Automatic popup menus on hovers

Lars Noschinski noschinl at in.tum.de
Sat Mar 9 07:40:28 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm currently using revision 4b5a5e26161d of Isabelle and after working
with it for one day without stopping jEdit, I noticed a annoying
behaviour of the popup menus which you get automatically by hovering
over a command with a message:

They pop up immediately, even if I don't stop over them. Afterwards,
they don't vanish. So if I just want to move the cursor or click on
something, these popups get in my way. If I want to do something around
a failed proof step, I have to move my mouse very carefully (I got so
bad, that I stopped using the mouse and went back to the keyboard).

This behaviour only popped up after working with one session for a
longer time and jEdit was having frequent hiccups then, so I guess
this was due to memory pressure (max memory usage was near the limit of
1600m set for the JVM).

   -- Lars