[isabelle-dev] AFP sitegen

Gerwin Klein Gerwin.Klein at nicta.com.au
Thu Jun 6 08:09:04 CEST 2013

It looks like Andreas dropped these manually for his entries, so nothing really went wrong with the tools, he was just reacting to the sourceforge update leading to broken links.

The URL scheme for linking to revision IDs in the new sourceforge setup is

http://sourceforge.net/p/afp/code/ci/change-set-hash

The short hashes that we normally use seem to work fine (it shows you long ones by default when you browse).

It's up to the authors to have change set ids as links or not, so I'm not adding them back in myself. If Andreas is reading this and prefers having them in, by all means put them back.

We haven't really made up our minds if developers should run admin/sitegen after updating history in metadata. I'd say, if you feel comfortable using sitegen and check that your changes are confined to history (as Chris apparently did), this is Ok to do. If you're not feeling comfortable doing this yourself, you change will just show up on the devel website the next time someone runs sitegen.

We could try make sitegen.py aware of hg revision ids and make it link them automatically. If there's a volunteer for implementing this, I'm happy to consider this.

Cheers,
Gerwin