[isabelle-dev] Proposing extensions to the Isabelle library?

Christian Sternagel c.sternagel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 05:56:16 CET 2013

Dear Alessandro,

sorry for the late answer. I can only tell you what I usually do (which
does not mean that it is the best thing to do... maybe one of the
developers could comment which way is the most convenient one for
adopting external changes).

* I use 'hg qpop; hg pull; hg update; hg qpush' (I guess that is
equivalent to 'hg qpop; hg pull -u; hg qpush'; the reason for not using
--rebase is that I want to avoid any modification of the repository
history, even for my local clone)

* For the same reason I do not qfinish a patch before I "submit" it to
the mailing list ... since it could "pollute" my local history (I
think). Instead I wait until the change is adopted by somebody with push
access, then pull again from the Isabelle repo and delete my local
patch. What I send to the mailing list is just the patch file which is
stored at .hg/patches/ (under the name that you chose for your patch).

cheers

chris

PS: I did not always proceed as described above (and already caused some
unnecessary changes in the history)... this is just my latest try. I
hope it's not a bad one ;)