[isabelle-dev] Repository Trouble

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue Jan 1 22:52:43 CET 2013

On Tue, 25 Dec 2012, Alexander Krauss wrote:

> On 12/20/2012 06:22 PM, Makarius wrote:
>> >  I just had a long phone call with Franz Huber, the local system admin
>> >  person. All the macbroy20..29 and lxlabbroyX machines involved here
>> >  use the same OpenSuse 12.2 with that hg 2.4. So just empirically that
>> >  looks like the problem -- breakdowns started approx. at the time of
>> >  update of several of these machines.
>
> I made a few experiments to reduce the room for wild speculations and
> myths:
>
> (Bottom line: everybody use lxbroy10 for pushes and we are safe)

Thanks again for picking up the bright weapons of empirical science from
the storeroom.  We are indeed safe on lxbroy10, but the mythical monsters
are still roaming on macbroy20, 21 etc.

I've just found this out the brutal way, by an accidental push from one of
my many clones, which still had an old entry in .hgrc -- nuke!

So we have another fresh clone in /home/isabelle-repository/repos/isabelle
according to
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/fff984a77f58/Admin/Mercurial/Central/README#l18

Gladly, Alex and Franz Huber are also making some progress in pinning down
the problem in the patched SuSE kernel for the NFS client/server.