[isabelle-dev] Repository Trouble

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 3 19:05:16 CET 2013

I don't remember where I got it from. Probably from the last time this sort of thing happened (only the current episodes have been much worse).

I can't think of a stronger case for using an alias than the present situation, where using the wrong machine can corrupt the repository. Where several man-days were lost solving the problem. Sure, everybody can update their hgrc file to refer to lxbroy10, but what happens when it needs to be shut down for some reason?

Larry