[isabelle-dev] Repository Trouble

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Jan 3 15:33:29 CET 2013

On Wed, 2 Jan 2013, Lawrence Paulson wrote:

> I have been using
>
> 	hgbroy.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
>
> under the assumption that the name hgbroy could be expected to refer to
> a suitable machine.

>From where did you get that?  hgbroy seems to be an alias of the old
cvsbroy, and probably refers to some other hg server experiment at TUM.
I've occasionally called it "home-made" -- it was very crude at the start,
but I did not check it again.  Checking the host briefly, hgbroy does not
look like one of these patched SuSE machines, but why use it instead of
lxbroy10 -- the standard Isabelle server right now?

It is very difficult to keep an overview of the many things happening
internally at TUM, but we don't have to do that by sticking to proper
Isabelle/Admin documentation.  When Alex had pointed out lxbroy10 as the
canonical solution, I had updated the all-important README_REPOSITORY here
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/rev/9df2f825422b