[isabelle-dev] Isabelle repository won't build in an encrypted directory

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Feb 11 20:44:57 CET 2013

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013, Matthew Fernandez wrote:

> Somewhere in the mess of error output is "File name too long."

That is scalac complaining.  A quick Google search "scalac encrypted home"
yields https://issues.scala-lang.org/browse/SI-3623

I did not spend more than 5 min on that -- presently I am still engaged in
getting Isabelle2013 released, and I am not following the Isabelle
repository (which always requires substantial extra time).

If you find out more about what the Scala guys managed to do there 1 or 2
years ago, you are welcome to report the findings here.  There is a
natural inflow of problems from the greater Scala/JVM world that cannot be
avoided, but sometimes it is possible to dodge them nonetheless.