[isabelle-dev] Towards the next release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Nov 30 16:27:58 CET 2012

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012, Lawrence Paulson wrote:

> I imagine that some sort of short tutorial video or slideshow (analogous
> to the one I made a number of years ago) might be better than any amount
> of written documentation.

I've recently started experimenting with video recording, which works
quite well e.g. on Ubuntu 12.04 with one of the many open-source
applications for that.

After spending some hours on it, I tried to present the results on a web
page and failed miserably.  Web "standards" don't really exist.  One might
interpret the "5" in HTML5 as "5 years from now" or "need 5 different
formats for your video".  Most people seem to delegate the problem to
Youtube.

I am only a beginner in the film production business.  So maybe some
experts on it can say more.

Once the technical side-conditions are worked out, one needs to have a
good "script" to explain how to produce nice proof documents (not
scripts).