[isabelle-dev] Building Isabelle/Scala layer from Repository Version on Windows7 (64 Bit)

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu May 31 14:17:49 CEST 2012

On Thu, 31 May 2012, Jasmin Christian Blanchette wrote:

> Am 29.05.2012 um 13:46 schrieb Makarius:
>
>>  * Try to avoid "using" repository versions in the first place.  There
>>    must be good reasons to invest the extra effort that is required to
>>    follow the Isabelle development process in every step.
>
> There are good reasons. Steffen recently started as a HiWi and he will
> be improving the Isar proof reconstruction code. That code is tightly
> interconnected with the rest of Sledgehammer, so this is definitely not
> one of those self-contained student projects that can be done in user
> space against some stable version of Isabelle.

Depending on your ambitions you can also try to get a feeling from where
the slight instabilities of external ATPs are coming from on
Windows/Cygwin.  This affects both local provers like E (with its thick
shell scripts around the C core) and SPASS, and remote ones via perl.

On Sun, 27 May 2012, Steffen J. Smolka wrote:

> I've installed SUN JDK 1.6u32 (64 Bit) and Scala 2.9.2 final, the
> ISABELLE_JDK_HOME and SCALA_HOME environment variables are set
> accordingly.
>
> My .isabelle/etc/settings file looks like this:
>
> > init_component "/cygdrive/c/Isabelle2012/contrib/scala-2.9.2"
> > init_component "..../isabelle/jedit_build-20120414"

You should also try the jdk-6u31_x86-cygwin component from Isabelle2012.
There is a tiny chance that the independently installed JDK 1.6u32 causes
the problem.  These things are often just a matter of funny registry
entries etc.

Via isabelle getenv you should check ISABELLE_JDK_HOME, JAVA_HOME,
SCALA_HOME and ensure that they all point to the Isabelle2012/contrib
versions.