[isabelle-dev] Future and maintainance of ~isabelle/contrib_devel at TUM NFS

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue May 29 14:21:31 CEST 2012

On Tue, 29 May 2012, Makarius wrote:

>  * Admin/contributed_components within the repository documents
>    semi-formally which components may be included into a certain version.
>
>    The mira experts should be able to say more about the current used of
>    that file in the testing framework.

Here is a simple way to make Admin/contributed_components formal right
now, concerning "the" repository version within the TUM NFS.

The following is for my own home directory at TUM:

   .isabelle/etc/components -> /home/wenzelm/isabelle/repos/Admin/contributed_components
   .isabelle/contrib -> /home/isabelle/contrib

This achieves the effect of versioned symlinks: the repository says which
directories to take from the physical file-system.  This assumes that the
component name-version scheme in the file-system is really authentic.  In
the past we have occasionally updated components without bumping the
version, but it might be not that critical after all.