[isabelle-dev] Isabelle2012 post-release mode

Gerwin Klein gerwin.klein at nicta.com.au
Sat May 26 01:28:49 CEST 2012

I think I have a similar problem getting the last two big AFP entries online (Flyspeck and JinjaThreads).

When I use "nohup isabelle make" or anything that calls isabelle make, the session builds fine, runs to the end of document preparation, but then hangs inside perl doing nothing. For example:

~/afp/release/thys/Example-Submission$ nohup ~/tmp/Isabelle2012/bin/isabelle make &
[...]
$ less nohup.out

cd ..; ulimit -t 3600; /home/kleing/tmp/Isabelle2012/bin/isabelle usedir -v true -i true -V outline=/proof,/ML -d pdf -P "http://isabelle.in.tum.de/library/"  /home/kleing/.isabelle/Isabelle2012/heaps/polyml-5.4.1_x86_64-linux/HOL Example-Submission
Running HOL-Example-Submission ...
Browser info at /home/kleing/.isabelle/Isabelle2012/browser_info/HOL/Example-Submission
Document at /home/kleing/.isabelle/Isabelle2012/browser_info/HOL/Example-Submission/document.pdf
Document at /home/kleing/.isabelle/Isabelle2012/browser_info/HOL/Example-Submission/outline.pdf

Stops here without returning, and ps shows me that perl is still running for this session.

This is on 64bit Linux (debian) and perl v5.14.2.

Without nohup things are fine.

Cheers,
Gerwin