[isabelle-dev] Tweak Haskell output for future Haskell compatibility.

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue May 8 21:23:48 CEST 2012

On Tue, 8 May 2012, Makarius wrote:

> I did not find these ancient mails in my folders from the mid-1990-ies on the
> spot.

At last, I've found my mail folders before the year 1996.  On 29-Sep-1994
someone was pointing out that "latest" Gofer and Haskell would now support
type class constraints in datatypes, observing this as a current trend in
functional programming, and demanding that Isabelle/HOL would have to
follow :-)

This was long before I got myself involved in the datatype package, and we
added the support for sort constraints in Stefan's version for other
reasons than following other languges trends.

I can tell further stories about the domain variant by David von Oheimb,
but maybe I should stop the history session here.