[isabelle-dev] Deadline for Isabelle2012 release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed May 2 11:29:35 CEST 2012

Dear all,

things seem to be converging nicely, so the deadline for the critical
release fork for Isabelle2012 is today:

   02-May-2012 22:00 CEST

This means any changesets pushed before that are for Isabelle2012, any
after that for the subsequent release.  I recommend to keep a clear
distance of at least 1h from that point, to avoid confusion about the
intention.

Afterwards there will be public release candidates of Isabelle2012, also
announced on isabelle-users.  This testing phase will last for at least 2
weeks, until the final version can be rolled out.

Any problems that are found in this time can be addressed by clearly
defined changesets submitted to me via email, and not pushed on the main
Isabelle repository that is already in post-release mode.  Sometimes it is
infeasible to adress issues in the short time that is left, and a danger
to introduce more problems in a rush.  So any change needs to be
considered carefully.