[isabelle-dev] jar: command not found

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Mar 26 13:34:45 CEST 2012

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012, Makarius wrote:

> In practice, it means that people hooked in the repository version of
> Isabelle/Scala and jEdit need to have JAVA_HOME or ISABELLE_JDK_HOME set
> explicitly!  I think Mac OS X does that by default, but probably not Linux
> nor Windows.

In fact, the Mac OS X default is merely an accident of my own settings.
In general, Mac users can put the following into their etc/settings:

   ISABELLE_JDK_HOME="$(/usr/libexec/java_home -v 1.6)"

This is only relevant for the repository version -- the official
distribution will do it again via bundled components.