[isabelle-dev] MacHg 1.0 soon

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Mar 7 15:34:52 CET 2012

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012, Lawrence Paulson wrote:

> There is also MacMercurial, which gives access to all the basic
> commands

That's a different category of tool.  The blurps on
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/OtherTools advertize things as follows:

* MacHg - A multithreaded, fast, fully featured Mercurial client for Mac
OS X 10.6+.

* MacMercurial - A GUI front end for common Mercurial operations (Mac OS X
10.4 or later)

> but it's unfortunately useless once things get corrupted...

This would be a matter of the underlying Mercurial installation (maybe
also Python or even Mac OS).  I did not see any of the teething problems
from 3 years ago (Mercurial 1.0) on Mac OS recently.  (I using both Mac
OS X Snow Leopard and Ubuntu 10.04 LTS regularly).