[isabelle-dev] MacHg 1.0 soon

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Mar 7 15:14:05 CET 2012

Dear Mac users,

MacHg 1.0 is about to be release next week -- they have the last beta
phase right now; see http://jasonfharris.com/machg/

There might be still some glitches, but it made a good impression playing
with it for 2 hours.

It works nicely with external diff/merge tools, such as the free
http://www.sourcegear.com/diffmerge/ -- true Mac users will certainly pay
extra for one of the commercial alternatives.

What I am still missing personally, is a way to get a quick overview of a
large number of changesets, and the reduced view of merge nodes of plain
old "hg view".  Nonetheless, I've already had some success in
disentangling concurrent changes on latex sources, where several people
were messing around (not on the Isabelle repository :-).