[isabelle-dev] AFP tests timing out

Lukas Bulwahn bulwahn at in.tum.de
Mon Jul 16 09:01:24 CEST 2012

Hi all,

for about one month now, we are continuously seeing the AFP tests
failing on various entries because of timeouts, e.g. AVL-Trees,
Regular-Sets, Collections.
To my knowledge, the entries have not changed. So the timeouts seem to
be caused by recent changes in the Isabelle system itself.

@Alex:
Could you provide graphs of the runtime for the AFP of the last few
weeks to identify the possibly critical changesets?

@all:
Are there some educated guesses what could have changed the performance
on all these theories?
Should we ignore the performance drop and simply increase the timeouts
on these sessions?

Lukas