[isabelle-dev] [isabelle] HOLCF equality

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 10 10:08:35 CEST 2012

I would say that this discussion is better confined to the developers' list.

Entries need to be maintained. This surely includes extending them and streamlining existing proofs. It surely does not include replacing a development by entirely different development with related objectives. I don't think that the AFP should guarantee upwards compatibility for the sake of people who have decided to take a AFP entry as a starting point their own development. And I don't think we want AFP entries to become like Wikipedia articles that anybody could edit (and that would require continual policing).

A Wikipedia of proofs (including automatic checks to ensure that the proofs are sound) might be an interesting experiment, but I doubt that there are enough users out there skills and time needed even to run such an experiment.

Larry