[isabelle-dev] Small repository accident

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Feb 24 20:05:48 CET 2012

On Fri, 24 Feb 2012, Florian Haftmann wrote:

> I would also prefer a server-side solution in the testboard repositories

This usually means hooks, but hooks are not very useful with the direct
user access model that we have, via the local file-system and possibly
indirected via ssh.  It requires users to permit such hooks explicitly in
their hgrc, so we are back to the client.

Moreover, after some initial experimentation with hooks when we've done
the CVS -> Migration some years ago have left an odd impression to me.
Too many things can go wrong in the hook.  It is better to work in a way
that big mistakes don't happen (which we managed very well in recent
years).