[isabelle-dev] Rules of conduct

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Wed Aug 29 20:14:22 CEST 2012

>>> * to adjust the technical conditions accordingly.  A single critical
>>> point is the »administrative repository« access at TUM, about which
>>> certain ideas have been floating around over the last years but which
>>> never evolved into technical consequences, e.g.
>>>   * moving the »main« repository from TUM to a hosting service, with
>>> separate access administration
>>>   * to pluck up courage and adjust the access permissions to the TUM
>>> repository, in discussion and consent with the people from whom it is
>>> going to be revoked then
>>
>> The access policy than has to follow transparent rules also.
>
> This is a very delicate question, it covers the core administrative
> structure of the project.  My position on this has always been of not
> touching the status quo, while occasionally speculating about
> alternatives.  I am still on the status quo if you would ask me today.

Keeping the status quo has indeed been a vital survival strategy over
the last years.  The drawback is a backpack containing a lot of implicit
rules.  Turning a handy selection of them into explicit rules would
create more transparency:
* Explicit rules can be quoted.
* Explicit rules can be argued about – pro and contra.

	Florian
--

PGP available: