[isabelle-dev] mira database migration

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Tue Aug 14 19:26:16 CEST 2012

Hi Alex,

> Today, I've completed the (long overdue) migration of the mira database
> from Florian's old machine to a proper server (hosted on
> isabelle.in.tum.de).

thanks a lot, this is the successful accomplishment of one of our
long-running IT projects…

I assume, if I don't get a rollback until your vacation, the ancient
macbroy15 can really be assumed to be free and this also shutted down,
stripped of apache etc.  Sure?

> Since the replication feature had some problems (probably due to the
> version mismatch), I moved the data over by dumping to a file and
> reloading at the other end. This means that about a day of reports have
> not been migrated, since they came in after doing the dump. I now
> decided to leave it at that and not spend extra hours on moving these
> particular reports as well...

I fully agree.  What counts is our ability to produce reports, not so
much to keep them *until* we really evaluate ancient reports by graphs etc.

Btw. if you find some time I would kindly ask to update the mira
settings templates.  Otherwise I will take care for this.

Cheers,
	Florian

--

PGP available: