[isabelle-dev] isabelle build

Johannes Hölzl hoelzl at in.tum.de
Tue Aug 7 00:15:51 CEST 2012

Hi Makarius,

For the mkroot tool I would suggest that the layout looks more like a
AFP submission. The resulting directory should contain everything:

$ isabelle mkroot Project_X

Results in:

  Project_X/ROOT
  Project_X/Project_X.thy
  Project_X/document/root.tex

Also instead of calling the theory file "Ex.thy" I would call it like
the directory. This is quiet likely the name of the theory the user
wants for formalize. So if the user just has one theory file he does not
need to modify the ROOT file. And it allows the user to just pack the
directory Project_X and submit it as an AFP entry.

And I would suggest that isabelle mkroot tells the user to use version
control:

 * Use Mercurial to manage your project
   hg init Project_X
   hg add Project_X