[isabelle-dev] isabelle build

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Aug 6 19:24:31 CEST 2012

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012, Makarius wrote:

> In Isabelle/doc-src/ROOT there are some examples with document_dump and
> document_dump_mode that are leading into the direction to make typical
> configurations for papers based on regular sessions.
>
> I have my own traditional idioms here, but did not try to express them
> in the new way yet.  It will practially require some ./build script to
> wrap up the whole process as used to be done by several IsaMakefile
> command lines, but shell scripting is no longer built into the build
> tool.

I would like to encourage early adopters to post their favourite session
layout for individual documents (papers etc.).  So far there is a first
version of isabelle mkroot in eeb4480b5877, but it is still a bit awkward
-- too much influenced by the bounds of isabelle usedir.

The abstract specification for the result is like this:

   isabelle mkroot && ./build

It remains to figure out what mkroot generates in the directory, and what
the local build script looks like (based on isabelle build + isabelle
document etc.).