[isabelle-dev] Isabelle release test website

Jasmin Christian Blanchette jasmin.blanchette at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 16:17:33 CEST 2012

Am 23.04.2012 um 17:22 schrieb Makarius:

> Here is an update of the test website for warming up a bit more http://www4.in.tum.de/~wenzelm/test/website/
>
> I've spent this cold and wet weekend to produce a monolitic Windows application, which bundles both JDK and Cygwin 1.7.9, see the Download page.  (Cygwin 1.7.9 is important here, because in the later version from this year Poly/ML multithreading is a bit unstable.)

I use Windows XP on VirtualBox. I downloaded the "Isabelle_23-Apr-2012.exe" file, moved it to my home directory. Then I started "Isabelle.exe" and waited over a minute but nothing happened. Then I tried

    ./bin/isabelle tty

but got the message 'Unknown logic "HOL" -- no heap file found in: /cygdrive/c/.../heaps/polyml-undefined_x86-cygwin ...". Trying to build "HOL" using the "./build" script gave some problems already with "Pure": 'Pure FAILED (see also .../log/Pure)'. The log file was 0 bytes long.

Could it be due to Cygwin somehow? I don't know how to launch a terminal for Cygwin 1.7.9, so I'm still using the old terminal for whatever version of Cygwin I had on the machine already.

Jasmin