[isabelle-dev] Publishing contributions as an external

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Apr 16 11:52:20 CEST 2012

On Mon, 16 Apr 2012, Christian Sternagel wrote:

> I drafted a first version of a HOWTO under
>
>  https://isabelle.in.tum.de/community/Publish_contributions_as_an_external

Nice summary of the mail thread.  As I said, I will not interfere with the
community site directly, but might occasionally learn from it how to
improve the "official" documents further.

> @Lukas: Thanks for pointing me to "mercurial queues" which are really a
> great tool. Using queues it should be easily possible (even as an
> external) to avoid the long "pilage" of private changes and public
> commits.

The queues became quite popular early for Isabelle/Mercurial experts.  So
far I've never tried it myself.

I wonder if the more recent rebase extension would do similar things in a
more basic way.  Are there any users of it?