[isabelle-dev] Publishing contributions as an external

Christian Sternagel c-sterna at jaist.ac.jp
Mon Apr 16 06:03:08 CEST 2012

This is a spawn of "[isabelle-dev] Relations vs. Predicates".

Dear all,

I drafted a first version of a HOWTO under

   https://isabelle.in.tum.de/community/Publish_contributions_as_an_external

During the process I got the feeling that all the necessary information
is already there (mainly README_REPOSITORY). However, it might currently
not be easily accessible for the uninitiated. Thus I think it is still a
good idea to have this wiki-entry, which should ideally be a short
check-list which an "external" can go through step-by-step.

Please correct my mistakes and give comments.

cheers

chris

@Lukas: Thanks for pointing me to "mercurial queues" which are really a
great tool. Using queues it should be easily possible (even as an
external) to avoid the long "pilage" of private changes and public commits.

I wonder if, when using queues, it is still necessary to combine related
commits into a single changeset (which seems to be facilitated by the
commit message conventions)? Maybe my use of "necessary" is wrong, since
this is actually something useful. What do you think?