[isabelle-dev] Release reminder

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Sep 2 17:12:03 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2 Sep 2011, Jasmin Christian Blanchette wrote:

>> Are there any changes in the bundled "components" that need to be taken
>> care of?  This always requires a few weeks to test on all available
>> platforms.
>
> There's a new bundle for E 1.4, in "~isabelle/contrib_devel/e-1.4.tgz".
> I didn't bother with PowerPC this time; affected users (if any) will
> automatically find themselves using E at SystemOnTPTP.

Yes, we can savely ignore PPC (and Sparc).

As of Isabelle2011, Admin/PLATFORMS was already like that:

   x86-linux         SuSE 11.0 (atbroy51) (??)
   x86-darwin        Mac OS Leopard (macbroy30)
   x86-cygwin        Cygwin 1.7 (atbroy102)

   x86_64-linux      SuSE 11.0 (atbroy100)
   x86_64-darwin     Mac OS Leopard (macbroy30)

macbroy30 is still working fine as vintage Mac OS Leopard reference
platform -- the TUM admins can provide ssh access.  Did anybody get Mac OS
Lion already?

We seem to have lost atbroy51 as x86-linux, but that platform is usually
uncritical.

atbroy102 is also hardly usable at the moment, but its replacement vmbroy9
is taking more and more shape (I am administrating it remotely).