[isabelle-dev] jEdit Feedback (was: build and run Isabelle/jEdit on the spot)

Christian Sternagel christian.sternagel at uibk.ac.at
Mon Jul 11 13:55:28 CEST 2011

On 07/07/2011 07:06 PM, Makarius wrote:
> You need to update the auxiliary jedit_build component, which is
> http://www4.in.tum.de/~wenzelm/test/jedit_build-20110622.tar.gz for
> Isabelle/93dcfcf91484. Also make sure that any old "jedit" and
> "jedit_build" components are disposed.
Thanks! This Worked.

> I have recently learned about JVM "extensions" and eliminated the user
> CLASSPATH, to enable things like our own encoding at the lowest possible
> level. See also http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/rev/d477b92109b8
>
> It has also reduced the jar volume by several MB, since certain
> libraries are now provided in exactly one copy, independently how smart
> applications like jEdit change the class loader hierarchy.
Sounds good.

Now for something completely (well, not really) different,

Some feedback:

- I love Ctrl-click for looking up definitions and lemmas. Is there a
way of jumping back to where I came from (I mean the exact position of
the cursor)?
- I guess this is Java-specific but I mention it anyway: On my system
(fedora 15 + Gnome 3) there is the "feature" of snapping windows to the
right or left or top (such that they will occupy the right-half, the
left-half, or the full screen). After doing that, however, the menu does
no longer work properly when navigated by the mouse, i.e., it does open
at a wrong position of the screen (strangely, everything works fine with
keyboard shortcuts).

cheers

chris