[isabelle-dev] Isabelle release

Michael Norrish Michael.Norrish at nicta.com.au
Fri Jan 7 10:07:56 CET 2011

On 7/01/11 8:05 PM, Alexander Krauss wrote:
> But then we need a Marketing division to come up with a new name every 8
> months :-}. Year numbers are very comfortable.

You either come up with a set of names to use, or just do what most
software projects do (commercial and open source both), and use numbers.
  Does the gcc project have this problem?  Does Linux?  Does emacs?

Decide retroactively that everything up until this point was Isabelle 1,
and announce the release of Isabelle 2.

Or whatever set of numbers floats your boat...

Michael