[isabelle-dev] "Divergent renames"

Jasmin Christian Blanchette jasmin.blanchette at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 12:22:20 CET 2011

Hi all,

I just pulled and updated ("hg pull -u") from the main repository and got these strange warnings:

Fügte 118 Änderungssätze mit 572 Änderungen zu 411 Dateien hinzu
warning: detected divergent renames of src/Pure/General/markup.ML to:
 src/Pure/PIDE/isabelle_markup.ML
 src/Pure/PIDE/markup.ML
warning: detected divergent renames of src/Pure/General/markup.scala to:
 src/Pure/PIDE/isabelle_markup.scala
 src/Pure/PIDE/markup.scala
404 files updated, 0 files merged, 6 files removed, 0 files unresolved

Last time I had strange warnings from Mercurial must have been almost three years ago; they reflected a bug in Mercurial on the Mac (w.r.t. case insensitivity of the file system) and my ignoring them lead to some serious trouble.

Anybody knows whether they're harmful?

Jasmin