[isabelle-dev] (Re-)introducing set as a type constructor rather than as mere abbreviation

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Aug 26 09:06:08 CEST 2011

indeed yes I'm the person who decided that this primitive should introduce a type as a copy of an existing non-empty set. I have always preferred sets to predicates and the examples I have looked at lately have only strengthened my view. Not to mention numerous occasions when people have re-invented the notion of an image.
Larry