[isabelle-dev] NEWS: expand_fun_eq -> ext_iff, expand_set_eq -> set_ext_iff

Tobias Nipkow nipkow at in.tum.de
Tue Sep 7 18:45:11 CEST 2010

I wanted to emphasize the mathematical concept, not the operational
view. And indeed, it is shorter. For functional objects the ext_iff
convention fits perfectly. For example, for polynomials we already have
poly_ext in one direction. I have to admit, though, that for pairs it
would be a bit unusual, although it fits a certain view of pairs.

Tobias