[isabelle-dev] Binding with implicit rename

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Fri Oct 8 09:18:41 CEST 2010

Hi Christian,

> to me the liberal flag seems rather ad-hoc. Wouldn't a proper
> hierarchical naming solve this problem (maybe by introducing an
> automatic "sub-module" Internal/Auto/Whatever for any theory T, such
> that automatic names may be referred to by using
> T.Whatever.automatic_name).

we *have* already the concept of binding prefices (what you refer to
here as hierarchical naming), although the theory name part of the
prefix currently is always a singleton.  What I have to address is that
you cannot be sure that a given name is already used, regardless how
many prefices you add.

Cheers,
	Florian

--