[isabelle-dev] proper use of "error" channel

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue Mar 23 12:13:55 CET 2010

On Tue, 23 Mar 2010, Tobias Nipkow wrote:

> Makarius schrieb:
>> A few hints on using the "error" function in Isabelle/ML properly.
>
> Shouldn't this go into some documentation for future reference?

I have marked it as one of the items to go into the chapter 0 about
Isabelle/ML of the Isabelle/Isar implementation manual.  That part is
still to be written, or rather assembled from parts of older manuals.  In
my last vacation I was pretty close to continue there, but in the end the
vacation turned out too short.

Nonetheless I did manage to update some other parts about about basic
context management, although in the process I was surprised how many of
the things that I usually say to people personally are already in there.
This indicates that our general manual situation is probably too complex
for people to actually look there.