[isabelle-dev] what's wrong with my system?

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Mar 1 18:32:38 CET 2010

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Lawrence Paulson wrote:

> I'm not sure what has gone wrong with my system. I don't think I have changed anything. It may be that I downloaded and recompiled poly/ML. Now I can't build Isabelle any more:

> val it = () : unit
> Unable to load native library: libjava.jnilib
> *** Failed to prepare dependency graph

This looks more like a general problem with the Java installation, nothing
from our side.

> I assume that this has something to do with the graph browser, so I
> tried rebuilding that:
>
> ~/isabelle/Repos/lib/browser: ./build
> Missing Isabelle settings environment
>
> What does this message mean?

It means the script requires a proper Isabelle settings environment to run
(cf. its internal description).  You can provide that via "isabelle env",
but here it actually means you normally do not invoke the script directly:
the browser already takes care of recompiling the required jars on demand.