[isabelle-dev] PG preferences (auto solve in particular)

David Aspinall David.Aspinall at ed.ac.uk
Wed Nov 11 12:00:32 CET 2009

> My general impression is that PG-4 prefers Emacs 23, but this usually
> requires to upgrade to newer Linux installations, which is apt to cause
> other problems, as we have seen.

Emacs 23 doesn't require newer Linuxes, it can be compiled on recent-ish
earlier OSes easily enough.  Probably more easily than building obsolete
versions of XEmacs!  I have been using CVS builds of Emacs 23 for
several years without many problems.

But anyway, I hope Emacs 22 can be supported.

  - D.

--
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.