[isabelle-dev] PG preferences (auto solve in particular)

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Nov 11 11:42:52 CET 2009

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009, David Aspinall wrote:

>> I am also struggling again to find a combination of PG + Emacs that
>> works on Mac OS.  GNU Emacs 23 somehow fails -- tickets will come when
>> I've managed to pin down the problems.
>
> OK, thanks.  Would be good to bless one version.  I am keen to cut down
> the number of supported Emacs versions for PG 4, which should make
> things easier for everyone.

I've now managed to get GNU Emacs 23.1.1 work again on Mac OS.  BTW,
Aquamacs 1.9 is still based on GNU Emacs 22.3.1, so it also suffers from
problem #300.

My general impression is that PG-4 prefers Emacs 23, but this usually
requires to upgrade to newer Linux installations, which is apt to cause
other problems, as we have seen.