[isabelle-dev] typrep?

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Tue Jan 20 17:06:55 CET 2009

Hi Amine,

I guess you are in the following thygraph situation:

    Typrep  Real
       | /  \ |
       |/    \|
Complex_Main  FPS
       \      /
        \    /
         \  /
          Foo

Real defines type real, Typerep class typerep (;-)).  Then both in
Complex_Main and FPS and instance for typerep on type real is generated
automatically (thanks to generic interpretation), which clash on merge
into theory Foo.

The solution is too arrange that there is only one meeting point of
Typrep and Real in the thygraph.  According to your second email you
have already found a way.

N.B. arranging the HOL thygraph is a nontrivial task!

Cheers,
	Florian