[isabelle-dev] Suc 0 necessary?

Tobias Nipkow nipkow at in.tum.de
Mon Feb 23 07:25:01 CET 2009

This translation is not in there by default because it is bound to
confuse novices and sometimes even experts: they see 1 in their proof
state and 1 in their theorem and wonder why Isabelle refuses to apply
the theorem. And eventually they realise that one of the two 1s is a Suc
0, whereas the other one is a genuine 1.

Of course, we avoid the above frustration at the cost of Suc 0.

This issue comes up again and again, and we are not happy with the
current state either. Thanks for your input.

Tobias