[isabelle-dev] [Fwd: SourceForge.net CVS Migration and Downtime Announcement]

Lucas Dixon ldixon at inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue Sep 30 11:39:20 CEST 2008

A year or two ago I moved IsaPlanner to subversion from CVS, the
transition was completely painless, and I now wish I'd moved over a lot
earlier. Other advantages include: the ability to do status-checks on
your repository off-line as well as local modifications, better handling
of files and directories, it's faster, and the web support and
statistical info is better.

I would highly recommend it.

The only work involved that I remember was running a conversion
script... in fact sourceforge provided this with a web-interface, so
it's very easy. The subversion commands are also intuitive if you have
any CVS knowledge.

best,
lucas

--
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.