[isabelle-dev] Usage Isabelle2007

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Dec 5 10:43:51 CET 2008

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008, Hakobyan Lilit wrote:

>  "Starting process  isabelle home/Isabelle2007/bin/isabelle-process -PI -m PGASCII HOL "
>
> After this  nothing happens and when I try to use any  other command  I
> get  "Proof process busy".

Can you run the isabelle process from a plain tty, without Proof General
in between?  You can also try an older version of Proof General, e.g.
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/dist-Isabelle2007/contrib/ProofGeneral-3.7pre071112.tar.gz

> The same in Isabelle2008 works alright, though, but I need the 2007 version.
>
> I am using
> Linux 64-bitIsabelle2007 polyml-5.2
> ProofGeneral-3.7.1

Normally there is no need to use the 64 bit version, unless you have
something like 8 GB of real memory.  The 32 bit version is a bit faster.