[isabelle-dev] Isabelle on Mercurial

Tjark Weber webertj at in.tum.de
Tue Dec 2 21:37:44 CET 2008

On Sun, 30 Nov 2008, Makarius wrote:
> After several months of getting acquainted with "distributed version
> control" in general, we should be finally ready to switch the official
> Isabelle repository to Mercurial.

I noticed that Mercurial does not perform CVS keyword expansion by
default, causing most files in (my copy of) the repository to contain
rather useless "$Id$" keys now.

One can argue that such keys are not necessary (since files in the
repository can be identified by their changeset id); however, this is
true only as long as one knows where a file is coming from.

If you want keyword expansion, instructions can be found here:
http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/KeywordExtension

Best,
Tjark