[isabelle-dev] Proven support for Linux ARM64

Jasmin Blanchette jasmin.blanchette at ifi.lmu.de
Wed Feb 14 08:47:05 CET 2024

Hi Makarius,

Thanks for investigating this. The binary components are always a special source of worry.

From what I understand, HOL-SMT_Examples will continue working thanks to the certificate caching mechanism that is used there. The mechanism isn't used in the AFP, though, which means arm64-linux users won't be able to load many AFP entries due to "smt" calls to Z3 in there. If this is too much of an issue, we could consider either of two solutions:

1. Replace the "smt" calls. Most of them could use the "(verit)" option instead, and for the others, we'd have to come up with alternative proofs. This possibly entails a lot of work, but it could be done by a "task force".

2. Use certificates for the AFP (and require their use in the future). Certificates take the form of low-level (SMT input, SMT output) pairs, so that when "smt" generates a given SMT input in the cache, the SMT output is used directly instead of running the SMT solver.

Best,
Jasmin

--
Prof. Dr. Jasmin Blanchette
Chair of Theoretical Computer Science and Theorem Proving
Email: jasmin.blanchette at ifi.lmu.de
Web: https://www.tcs.ifi.lmu.de/mitarbeiter/jasmin-blanchette_de.html