[isabelle-dev] Isabelle2024-RC2 (18-Apr-2024): fork-point of the development repository

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Apr 18 16:12:55 CEST 2024

On 14/04/2024 13:31, Makarius wrote:
> Dear Isabelle users,
>
> Isabelle2024-RC2 is now scheduled for 18-Apr-2024: 15 days after
> Isabelle2024-RC1.
>
> There has been sufficient time to finalize everything for the stable,
> unchangeable, and by definition perfect release. After the fork-point, really
> important changes need to be sent to me via e-mail.

I've finished that now and the isabelle-dev repository is already in
post-release mode: see 12ce957231e0 "after fork-point". This means that any
pushes to isabelle-dev are no longer for Isabelle2024, but the next release
after it. Anything for Isabelle2024 needs to be sent to me via e-mail --- with
a convincing argumentation why it needs to be in that release --- see also
https://isabelle.sketis.net/repos/isabelle-release

Moreover, we are now holding our breath waiting for Gerwin to separate
afp-2024 from afp-devel, so that the release versions and devel version can
continue independently. Until that is done, afp-devel needs to work both with
isabelle-release and isabelle-dev, while there is no proper test setup for that!

> This will allow to move on with post-release development on the spot: a few
> people have already pending changes in the pipeline.

Note that I am myself still busy with Isabelle2024: some documentation and
final tuning for the distributed "isabelle build" is still missing.