[isabelle-dev] NEWS: Update of GHC stack with full support for ARM64 platforms

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue Oct 17 13:19:25 CEST 2023

*** System ***

* Update to GHC stack 2.13.1 with support for all platforms, including
Apple Silicon.

This refers to Isabelle/c44171d372a1 and Isabelle/a611bbfeb9cd: all platforms
are now properly supported. At least that is the intention: GHC stack and
stackage is generally not as robust as it likes to be.

I did manage to build Isabelle/Naproche on arm64-linux for the first time. I
also managed to run our Haskell codegen tests from session
HOL-Codegenerator_Test, but that depends on subtle side-conditions on the
xcode/cc installation that I could not pin down in all details.