[isabelle-dev] Towards Isabelle2023-RC2, RC3 and AFP release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sun Aug 6 22:00:55 CEST 2023

On 25/07/2023 15:11, Makarius wrote:
> Isabelle2023-RC2 is planned for Wednesday 26-Jul-2023. This is the last chance
> to sort out minor things for it, especially NEWS and CONTRIBUTORS.
>
> On Friday 28-Jul-2023, I will travel to Warsaw and attend ITP 2023 in
> Bialystok next week.

I am now back from Warsaw and BiaƂystok, where I have learned the proper
Polish spelling of the name (and the pronunciation). I have also learned about
local dishes in the Babka restaurant at the city center (Polish, Russian,
Belarussian, Ukrainian, Lithunian), and the very interesting beverage of
Kvass, e.g. in this Lithunian variety (thick and sweet):
https://esklep.spolembialystok.pl/strona-glowna/165785-naturalny-litewski-kwas-backoriu-05-l-uab-lompart-4779020201075.html

Back in wet and cold Bavaria, it is now time to pick up all open threads, and
target at Isabelle2023-RC3 on 09..10-Aug-2023. That will also be the fork
point of the isabelle-dev vs. isabelle-release repository.

Afterwards, isabelle-dev will in principle be ready for anything intended for
the next release after Isabelle2023, but bigger changes need to wait for the
corresponding AFP release and fork-point.

> What is the schedule for the corresponding AFP release?

My guess: we will see another 3-5 weeks delay for no particular reason.

Such things could be done concurrently, e.g. with Isabelle RC1 or RC2.