[isabelle-dev] AFP: PAPP_Impossibility not terminating

Manuel Eberl manuel at pruvisto.org
Tue Apr 18 11:37:33 CEST 2023

I do know of that one as well, but it uses some old and rather obscure
SAT solvers (with some custom patches even, I think) and a different
proof format as well (that isn't really used by any modern SAT solvers,
I think). Also, as I recall there was only one suppoerted SAT solver
that I managed to find, compile, and run. And then the approach didn't
really scale to my kind of setting. In earlier versions of the same
entry I had SAT instances with 20 million clauses, which was simply too
much.

My implementation uses the DRAT format, which seems to be a kind of
de-facto standard in the SAT community nowadays.

I did take some inspiration from the implementation you linked though. I
don't think they had to do any of the low-level fine-tuning with hyps
that I had to do though.

Manuel