[isabelle-dev] Fossil SCM (SQLite)

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sat Nov 5 15:18:36 CET 2022

One guy on the Mercurial mailing list has pointed to Fossil SCM
https://fossil-scm.org

This looks like a pretty good successor of git/github, see also
https://fossil-scm.org/home/doc/trunk/www/fossil-v-git.wiki

Fossil already includes project management (tracker, forum etc.) in its
consistent, concise, no-nonsense, non-addictive software design.

The developers appear to be from the SQLite group, who have proven great humor
and good judgement before, e.g. see https://sqlite.org/codeofethics.html

It remains to be seen if/what we can make of that, without actually changing
our own history of sources.

E.g. we could try to convert our mailing list histories into it, and maybe
discontinue Mailman (and the strange Sympa) eventually.