[isabelle-dev] Isabelle nightly repository snapshot

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Jun 15 12:56:55 CEST 2022

The Isabelle nightly repository snapshot is back on
https://isabelle.sketis.net/devel/release_snapshot (after quite some time of
outage).

I managed to reactivate it by providing a proper build_host_linux in
$HOME/.isabelle/cronjob/etc/preferences --- this is also for my own record,
since there is nothing in the formal history about it.

Further note that adhoc use of repository versions works conveniently via
Admin/init --- with more instructions
https://isabelle-dev.sketis.net/source/isabelle/browse/default/README_REPOSITORY

At a later stage, that might be replaced by some Isabelle download and
bootstrap tool as standalone Java-application. This is the deeper reason for
having
https://isabelle-dev.sketis.net/source/isabelle/browse/default/src/Tools/Setup
as pure Java module, without Scala (or other dependencies).