[isabelle-dev] Normalise theorem wrt an environment

Kevin Kappelmann kevin.kappelmann at tum.de
Wed Sep 29 16:42:21 CEST 2021

We had two different user stories at our chair:

1. The resolution-based methods use the higher-order unifier. However,
one might only be interested in results produced by, for example,
first-order unification when resolving two rules. Hence, a first-order
unifier was used to obtain an environment, the rules instantiated, and
then the instantiated rules resolved.

2. The second use case indeed is tied to unification - I was working on
an extension to the unifier.

Best wishes,

Kevin